Start Time: 8:25 am
Dismissal: 2:45 pm
Wednesday Dismissal: 1:45 pm
Check Out Procedures
Parents this is just a reminder, per SJCSD Policy:
If the person requesting the release of the student is a person other than a parent or guardian listed on the emergency contact form, we shall not release the student without the consent of the parent or guardian who is listed on the emergency contact form.
For the 2019-2020 school year, the Front Office will be open from 7:55 a.m. to 3:45 pm. Students may be dropped off beginning at 7:45 a.m. and will report to the cafeteria for breakfast.
Dismissal changes & Early Checkouts must be completed by 2:00 PM (M ,T, TH, F) and by 1:00 PM (W).
Your respect for our dismissal policy helps maintain safety and security as we complete attendance/dismissal change/check-out reports accurately before students prepare for and move to their dismissal stations. It is often very difficult to locate students or get them ready to leave early during the last minutes prior to dismissal bell. Teachers and students are completing lessons, packing up, or on the move to dismissal stations.
Thank you for your understanding and compliance as we work together for all students’ scholastic success!
- February 28th- 4th Grade to Murray for Oliver!
- March 3rd- ESE Parent Meeting @ Fullerwood (click for details)
- March 4th- All Pro Dad Breakfast
- March 4th–VPK Parent Cafe Flyer CES March 4
- March 5th- Dr. Suess Family Night
- March 6th – First Grade to Alligator Farm
- March 9th- Safety Patrol to Lighthouse
- March 10th- Second Grade to Jacksonville Zoo
- March 13th- Planning Day- NO SCHOOL!
- March 16th-March 20th- Spring Break NO SCHOOL!
The St. Johns County School District is seeking comments on the proposed 2021-2022, 2022-2023, 2023-2024 school calendars. Survey links are now available on the school district website for community members to provide input on the calendars. Feedback will be collected through Friday, February 27. View the proposed calendars.
Registration for the 2020-2021 school year will begin on March 2nd.
District-wide registration for the 2020-2021 school year will begin on March 2nd. Starting on that date, you will be able to click the Register My Child For School button on our school website to complete an online registration form for your child.
1. Child’s Official Birth Certificate
2. Social Security Card
3. Complete immunizations/ Shot Records
4. Current Physical
5. Three Proofs of residence
For more information please contact Lisa Cogar at (904) 547-7846.
Beginning the week of March 23, parents/guardians of all current students will receive an email from PowerSchool to complete the annual Returning Student Verification Form for the upcoming school year. The email will contain the link and instructions needed to complete the verification.
Teacher of the Year
Congratulations to our 2019-2020 Teacher of the Year, Ms. Robinson!
Congratulations to our 2019-2020 Rookie Teacher of the Year, Mrs. Simpson-Stump!
Releasing Students from School
Bus Stop Safety
The Transportation Department has asked that we publicize the Guide to a Safe and Efficient Bus Stop.
Free Meal Provision
For the 2019-2020 school year, John A. Crookshank Elementary will be participating in the Community Eligibility Provision. This means all students can be served breakfast and lunch for no charge. For more information, please view the official notification.
Math & Reading
How I can impact my child’s math and reading? Check out the PowerPoint, Academics and Me: How can I impact my child’s math and reading? for helpful links and information on how to help your child at home.
Join Us for Lunch
We encourage parents to come and have lunch with their students. The procedure is very easy:
Sign in at the Front Office and receive your badge. To get the badge, you must have been cleared through the “KeepnTrack” system.
- Retrieve your child from the cafeteria, and then proceed to the screened in patio.
- Return your child to the cafeteria when your lunch is finished, and sign out in the Front Office
For security, we do ask that if someone other than the parent will be having lunch with the student that the parent writes a quick note addressed to the office letting us know who is coming in, and that they have your permission to eat lunch with your student. Just send the note in with your student that morning. If you realize later in the day that someone has time to come in and have lunch with your student, you can call the office at (904) 547-7840.
If you need to request student records from John A. Crookshank Elementary, you can now fax your request to (904) 547-7835.
Links for Parents
- 2017-2018 School Improvement Plan
- Crookshank SPAR Report 2016-2017
- PTO Webpage
- School Safety Letter 2019-2020
- Student Code of Conduct Letter 2019-2020
- Economic Security Report-Measuring the Economic Success of Florida’s Graduates 2019
- Elementary Choice Letter 2019-2020 Required Notification
- Class size Letter 2019-2020
- Parent Pick Up News 2018-2019
- SJCSD Master Calendar 2019-2020
- 2019-2020 Supply List Grades PreK-2
- 2019-2020 School Supply List Grades 3-5
- CES Student Handbook 2019-2020
- SUFS Reading Flyer_English & Spanish_7.24.18
- SJCSD Return Check Policy
- SchoolPay Letter 2018.2019
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters of St Johns County @ CES
- Reporting Bullying
- District ELL Plan 2016-2019
- Equity Flyer 2018-2019
- Extended Day 2019-2020 registration packet
- Florida Standards Resource for Parents
- Health Department Inspection
- CES Parent Family Plan 2019-2020
- Parent Resource Guide
- SJCSD Change of Address Form
- SJCSD Registration Residency and Health Information
- Student Code of Conduct Letter 2018-2019
- Student Code of Conduct 2018.2019
- Spanish 2018-19 Code of Conduct
School District Information
Student Information & Links
In a continuing effort to provide safety and security to our students and staff we ask that you complete a School Access Form if you plan to enter a facility in the St. Johns County School District. This includes if you would like to participate in activities such as birthday parties for your child in their classroom, eating lunch with your child in the cafeteria, field trips, book fairs, field days, as well as readers, tutors, mentors, etc. It can take 4-6 weeks for the process to be complete. Start the process today.
If you are having trouble accessing the online form from home, our office is open from 8:00 am to 3:30 pm. Come and see us to start the process for access to our school.
FortifyFL is a website and app developed at the direction of the Florida Legislature. Any student, educator, parent or member of the public can report school safety concerns directly to law enforcement and school administrators anonymously and easily through the FortifyFL app or getfortifyfl.com.
School District News
The St. Johns County School District and the local Department of Health are working together to follow the recommended guidelines of the CDC regarding Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). This guidance offers specific steps for school staff, parents, and students to take during the current low-risk conditions, as well as for more severe conditions.