“Instilling values, Inspiring life-long leaders.”
Our vision at John A. Crookshank Elementary is to showcase every student as an independent thinker, high achiever, and confident leader.
School Improvement Goals
This year at Crookshank we have four major areas that we would like to focus on as a school!
1. Reading : All students will meet or exceed grade level benchmarks as measured by STAR / Early Literacy for each quarter.
2. Math: All Students meet or exceed grade level benchmarks.
3. Leadership: All students, classrooms and Parents will exhibit leadership through quarterly (5) data tracking, Success Meetings and community projects.
4. Parent Involvement: All parents/ guardians / teachers will enroll in PTA by October 24th All parents will attend their child’s quarterly data chat. All parents will not earn more than 2 unexcused TD per quarter All parents will not earn more than 2 unexcused absences per quarter.
School Access Form
In a continuing effort to provide safety and security to our students and staff we ask that you complete a School Access Form if you plan to enter a facility in the St. Johns County School District. This includes if you would like to participate in activities such as birthday parties for your child in their classroom, eating lunch with your child in the cafeteria, field trips, book fairs, field days, as well as readers, tutors, mentors, etc.
PARENTS: please click below to access the Needs Assessment Survey that is open until March 31st. We would love to hear your feedback in reference to all of the things that are occurring at Crookshank throughout the year. This information will aid us in making decisions and changes for next year. Thank you for your willingness to complete the survey!
CHARACTER COUNTS AT CROOKSHANK!!
The month of March is -TRUSTWORTHINESS: Think “true blue“ • Be honest • Don’t deceive, cheat, or steal • Be reliable — do what you say you’ll do • Have the courage to do the right thing • Build a good reputation • Be loyal — stand by your family, friends, and country. The Six Pillars of Character is a framework for teaching good character and is composed of six ethical values (characteristics) everyone can agree upon: Trustworthiness; Respect; Responsibility; Fairness; Caring; and Citizenship.Kindergarten Registration is now officially open for the 2017-2018 school year to ALL families living in the Crookshank area. If you are a parent or guardian of a child who will be entering school in the fall, please bring the following documents for registration purposes:
1. Child’s Official Birth Certificate
2. Social Security Card
3. Complete immunizations/ Shot Records
4. Current Physical
5. Three Proofs of residence
For more information please contact Lisa Cogar at (904) 547-7846
Full-Day Tuition Free Pre-K Program