Parent Pick Up News
In an effort to make John A. Crookshank Elementary School the safest and most secure school possible, please adhere to the Parent Pick Up procedures for Crookshank Elementary. The procedures allow for a more organized approach to dismissal, creating a safer dismissal area and ensuring that all students are dismissed only to an authorized person. Following this routine allows Parent Pick Up dismissal to be quicker, safer and more secure. Please help to make Crookshank the safest place possible by adhering to the following procedures.
Our students will be dismissed one of 3 ways:
- Bus rider
- Car rider
Some students will remain after school in the Extended Day Program
- Parents should arrive at Crookshank with the Green Parent Pick Up card clearly displayed hanging from the rear view mirror. Parents must remain in their vehicles. For safety reasons, the Parent Pick Up area must remain clear so that Crookshank staff can account for each child picked up by an authorized person. A clear Parent Pick Up area will also relieve congestion and allow traffic to move quickly and safely.
- To assist us with an efficient and orderly dismissal, no transportation changes or check-outs will be allowed after 2 pm.
- For your child’s safety, NO child will be dismissed from the doors. Students will either be a car rider, which means they will be picked up in the car line with a green tag OR they can be a walker.
- Crookshank Elementary School staff will direct each student to his/her vehicle by matching each student with the Green Parent Pick Up card. Students will only be released to their vehicles with the Green Parent Pick Up card displayed in the windshield.
- Students should enter the vehicle from the right side and put on the car seat belt.
- Pre-Kindergarten and Head Start students are following the same arrival and dismissal times for K-5 students. This will allow parents to make one trip for arrival and dismissal. PK and Head Start students will be bringing home a Pink Tag. Please display the Pink Tag on the dashboard area for Pre-Kindergarten/Head Start car riders.
- Walkers will be dismissed at 2:55 p.m. (1:55 p.m. on Wednesdays) Walkers will walk along the bus loop side of the fence to the left of the yellow line to travel safely to the playground sidewalk. They can then safely exit the gate by the crossing guard. For safety, no one should be walking in or out of the main gate where buses are entering and departing campus.
- If you are walking your child off campus, please wait outside the white gate near the playground area and have your Green Parent Pick up card ready to show a staff member so they can call for your child. Your child will walk along the bus loop side of the fence to the left of the yellow line to travel safely to the playground sidewalk. They can then safely exit the gate by the crossing guard. For safety, no one should be walking in or out of the main gate (chain link fence area) where buses are entering and departing campus.
- Please do not park your cars on Whitney St. I was notified that those vehicles are subject to be issued a ticket.
- Many of our students are eligible to receive bus transportation. If you are interested in having your child ride the school bus, please contact Assistant Principal, Ms. Gonzalez, at 547-7840.
Thank you for your cooperation in helping to create a safe environment for our students. The Parent Pick Up procedures support our goal to assure the safety of John A. Crookshank Elementary students and ensure that an authorized person picks up each child.
Thank you for your help and support.
All kindergarten students for the 2017-2018 school year will participate in staggered start this year. The students will attend one day between August 10th and August 15th. All Kindergarten students will begin attending everyday starting Wednesday, August 16th. Please remember that the 16th is an early release day.
NEW TO CROOKSHANK? CLICK FOR YOUR REGISTRATION PACKET
Kindergarten Registration is now officially open for the 2017-2018 school year to ALL families living in the Crookshank area. If you are a parent or guardian of a child who will be entering school in the fall, please bring the following documents for registration purposes:
1. Child’s Official Birth Certificate
2. Social Security Card
3. Complete immunizations/ Shot Records
4. Current Physical
5. Three Proofs of residence
For more information please contact Lisa Cogar at (904) 547-7846
Crookshank Supply List 2017-2018